For all prospective presenters: Please read this letter
carefully before filling out the presenter application.
Thank you for your interest in presenting
at a MANIAŽ convention. We are very pleased that you have chosen to
apply as a SCW Fitness Education presenter and wish you success with
There are 7 MANIAŽ conventions:
Philadelphia MANIAŽ January/February
California (San Francisco) MANIAŽ March
Florida (Orlando) MANIAŽ May/June
Atlanta MANIAŽ July
Dallas MANIAŽ August
Midwest (Chicago) MANIAŽ October
Boston MANIAŽ - November
Please know that there are only 60-65 presenter positions for each
MANIAŽ. Very few new presenters are accepted for each MANIAŽ event.
SCW Fitness Education strives to find versatile presenters who are at
the forefront of their discipline, excel at teaching several types
of classes and are interested in presenting at least two workshops,
lectures and/or master classes. Please understand that SCW Fitness
Education receives hundreds of applications each year. Our goal is
to identify cutting-edge programming and innovative instructors.
Before completing the requested information in this package, please
read the following carefully:
- Applicant should be available for the entire 3-day convention
(Friday through Sunday).
- Applicant must have email and must submit all requested materials
via attachment unless otherwise permitted.
- Applicant cannot present at any other industry-related events
within a 300-mile radius of MANIAŽ 30 days prior and 10 days after
the specific MANIAŽ, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Applicant must always perform all fitness modalities (step, dance,
water, etc.) according to safe and acceptable industry guidelines.
For example, step aerobics below 130 BPMs and high-impact/dance
aerobics no faster than 155 BPMs when presenting at a MANIAŽ.
- Applicant confirms that she/he has a fitness-related degree from
an accredited academic institution, and/or certifications by both
ACE and AFAA and can produce verifying documentation.
- All aquatic presenters must have ACE, AFAA and AEA certifications.
- Applicant must also be a CEC provider for ACE and AFAA and AEA
- Applicant agrees to use SCW sponsor equipment in all presentations
- Applicant understands that presenter compensation requirements
strongly influence presenter selection. The opportunity to speak
at a world-recognized fitness conference is significant; therefore
most first-time MANIAŽ presenters are not compensated for flight,
hotel or presenting fees.
- Applicant understands that all aquatic workshops have water and
land (lecture) components. Sessions may start in water, while some
start on land. Presenters must adjust their programming accordingly
for all session submissions.
- Applicant understands that, if accepted, session handouts may
not exceed four (4) pages.
- Applicant understands that it is the choice of the Applicant
to include/not include a video/DVD with the Presenter Application,
and that SCW reserves the right to request a video/DVD at any time
during the application process.
- Applicant understands that incomplete applications will not be
- Applicant agrees to resubmit presenter application should reconsideration
- Resubmission is permitted (and encouraged) 60 days after rejection
letter is received.
Thank you again for your interest in presenting for SCW Fitness Education.
You may download a printable
application and you will be notified once your application is
received. You will be notified within 60 days of your application
if you have been accepted as a presenter. Should you choose to re-apply,
you may do so 60 days after receipt of your rejection letter.
For any further information, please contact the
Presenter Administrator for status information on your application.
Sara Kooperman, JD
SCW Fitness Education